Wednesday 16 March 2016

I'm 18, 156cm & a Flight Attendant (Cabin Crew)

Teenagers have dreams to be a flight attendant just like I do. But somehow, they worried about their age & height. The truth is... Me too! I got rejected 7 times for interviews and 6 different airlines because of height & age, both airlines in 2 countries and in 2 years. I'm 156cm, 18 that year I never gave hope and I gain experience in these interviews. Finally, I got in an airline after my 8th try in Singapore whom I thought I might fail too. 

Sometimes, I think that getting an airline is both by experience and by luck! Of course never give up! Never stop trying until you get what you wanted. If you try an interview during the period when they need more cabin crew, you're lucky! Which a lot of my friends got into the same airlines in the same interview and in the same Batch for training! 

A few days ago, when I'm going back home in uniform, there's a elderly couples that approach me asking me about my height. I told them, the last thing I remember was they were laughing at me saying that are you sure that your company hired you as a flight attendant and not a ground staff or working in the airlines office. That moment, I feel like.... Seriously?! I know that's a joke but.... You're saying this in front of me and also in the public that made me feel so bad. There are cases asking me about my age too! Asking me why I quit studies and came all the way here to work. All I'll say is MY DREAMS. 

I love to travel around the world and I choose to travel my way. You can too! Working above the sky at 35,000 ft and never regret for what you have chosen to do! 

" Used to thought I'll never worked as a flight attendant but I tried and never give up. Finally I was chosen and also given a chance to be a Flight Attendant. When you failed, try again! Failure only makes you STRONGER! " - JanJan

NEVER GIVE UP YOUR DREAMS!



7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, so can you suggest me how can we impress the interviewer.... Even I am 156 cm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice Min aren’t their minimum require height is 158 cm? I’m exactly the same height as you, hoping could success in my interview this coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine also 156 cm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 156cm too. You gave me hope to keep trying my dream job. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got my first rejected today , they said that everything is okay except my height which is 156.5 but I guess that airlines wasn't for me. Reading this I a smidge of hope..

    ReplyDelete